A monthly show-and-tell on what’s working for me.
What’s Working in March:
- Strawberries. I walked into the grocery store this month to find an explosion of strawberries. It’s definitely spring here in California and I’m taking full advantage of the bounty.
- Glass Straws. Glass straws are a fabulously green way to protect tooth enamel from acids and keep your lipstick fresh. I love these smoothie-sized glass straws from Glass Dharma.
- La Natura Lip Balm. Winter lips have nothing on La Natura Lip Balm. I’ve never been into chopsticks or lip balms, but this coconut-y concoction is free of all the things I try to avoid and feels so good. I’m hooked.
- Tea + Coconut Oil. There’s been so much buzz about the benefits of coconut oil recently, especially around it being a potential therapy for Alzheimer’s disease. I aim for 1-3 tablespoons of coconut oil each day and adding 1 tablespoon of oil to my tea is an easy way to do that. The oil adds a richness (and is great for chapped lips!) and provides a little more energy than just a plain cup of tea.
- Butter. I’ve always loved butter, but due to the current drought and the popularity of Bulletproof Coffee, my favorite Kerrygold Irish salted butter has been out of stock for months. I was delighted to finally found it in the store again, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
- The French Laundry. I don’t know how to properly express how fabulous this Napa restaurant is, other than it exceeds the hype. Just walking around the restaurant garden alone is worth the trip. If you’re ever lucky enough to get a reservation, be prepared to eat more than you ever have, enjoy foods you never thought you’d like, and have every possible need taken care of before you can even ask (even food sensitivities).
What are you loving this month?